Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Wonderful Weekend

What an eventful weekend!! Saturday was my birthday, and Spencer showered me with love and kindness. Maddie wakes up for a 6 a.m. feeding, and Spencer fed her that morning so that I could sleep in. Much to my surprise, Spencer did NOT come back to sleep after Maddie was down. Instead, he was busily working in the kitchen to prepare his birthday breakfast specialty, "Moco Loco". (It's a Hawaiian breakfast dish that he learned to make on his mission). At around 8:30a.m., Spencer and Maddie woke me up to sing happy birthday. While Spencer finished his breakfast preparations, Mommy and Maddie snuggled in bed!! :) That's the best way to wake up in the morning, let me tell you! We spent a low key morning at home until about 11:30 when we headed up to Salt Lake to visit the "Body World's" exhibition. It was AMAZING to see!! Although it was smaller than the normal one in Vegas, this exhibit had so many human preservations to look at. All in all, it reminded me how amazing the human body really is--and also--how there is NO way that we just appeared from a "big bang", etc. There is obviously a Master Crafter who made us because the body is too complex and intricate just to have happened. After spending the day in Salt Lake, we came back to Provo. Our good friends (Gloria and Kyle) watched Maddie for about an hour and a half while Spencer and I had our first date night since having our baby girl! We had a romantic dinner at P.F. Changs. :) It was a FABULOUS day, complete with MANY gifts. Spencer always makes sure to go out of his way to spoil me--I am soooo lucky to have him as mine! Thanks to all who called, emailed, came over, and sent gifts. My day was so special because of all the special people in my life! Here's a few shots of the day. Goodnight to all!

All my wonderful presents! :) SO excited about the piano!!


Close-up of smaller gifts


The loves of my life

Me and my precious Maddie

Precious!!!!!
All bundled up :)...it was in the mid-thirties this weekend!!

3 comments:

Gloria said...

LOVE the new pictures! AND I LOVED watching Maddie! She can come over to play ANYTIME! I'm glad you had a GREAT birthday! :)

the Forrest Diaries said...

Sounds like the perfect day!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you were spoiled. And I have to agree, there is nothing better than snuggling with your little baby in the morning.