Friday, October 10, 2008

A Rewarding Life

So i haven't updated for a while, and i apologize to you all! Things have been wonderful for us. I've adjusted to working in the office again, and life is good! I was so afraid that Maddie wouldn't know me or prefer me, but my fears were quickly dismissed now that I see that she still loves and wants her mommy! :) And now I have lots to look forward to at 5p.m. Although I had my reservations about going back to work, it seems to be working out okay. We feel really blessed to have this job. Afterall, it's a WELL paying job, we get free rent on a 2 bed/2 bathroom townhome, and i receive health benefits as well. What more could we need?!? The Lord has surely blessed me and my family, and we're so grateful. I'm not gonna say that going back was easy, but after many prayers, fasts, and constant scripture study, I finally feel at peace with this decision. I feel that the Lord has put his "stamp of approval" on my life so far! :)

But I cannot say in words how much I love my Maddie girl! She is constantly learning and growing! Last night we went and met one of Maddie's new friends (my friend Janine had her baby), and i forgot how little they are when they first arrive!! Maddie was 7 pounds 11 ounces and now that she's four months old, she looked like a giant compared to that newborn!! But she's constantly becoming more social day by day. She coos, laughs, and her new favorite thing to do is RASPBERRIES!!! Oh--and she loves her hands! They are constantly entertaining her and she loves to suck on them! She loves to go on walks and is SOOO interested in trees! She never stops looking at them! It's fun to see her explore her new world, and her parents are trying their best to teach her too!

Spencer is doing super well in school! He's got a big load, but he's handling school and being a "stay-at-home" daddy well. Now that Maddie is better about her naps during the day, he's able to do all that he needs to do! He'll be applying for dental schools in the spring of '09, so we're looking forward to seeing where that'll lead us. It's really fun to watch him with his little girl! And what can i say?!? I enjoy seeing his soft side~he's so gentle and loving with her...he's definitely a GREAT father. VERY patient and VERY loving!

And tomorrow is my birthday!! :) Spencer got tickets to Body Worlds, which is basically a museum of preserved real bodies--it shows the muscular, skeletal, and other body systems. We've heard really good things about it, so we're excited to go!! It's only in Salt Lake for a short time, so we're making sure to see it before it leaves. Spencer has been very secretive about all the birthday presents, so I really have no idea what i'll be getting. And--I haven't searched for presents this year either. lol. That's probably because we're constantly busy, so i haven't even had time to search. Later tomorrow night, we'll have a date night, just Spencer and I. I'm really looking forward to that since he and I haven't been alone since Maddie was about two months old.

It seems that everything is coming together pretty perfectly, actually. We love life. Having a baby has really put life in perspective for us and has really given purpose to our lives. Now we're living for someone else which is VERY rewarding. I'll make sure to keep updates coming! But for now, i'm gonna enjoy my Friday night with my family!

No comments: