Sunday, October 19, 2008

Saturday Fun

So we went to Gardner's Village today and had a BLAST--so much so that I forgot to take pictures!! I'm so sorry!! But that place is ADORABLE. We got there around 11:00 and stayed until about 3p.m. They have an amazing restaurant there where we ate, and then shopped around the stores. While we were shopping we found the PERFECT costume for Maddie. We were thinking we'd make her a ladybug or bumble bee, but I melted when I saw the cutest Fairy costume. So, of course, we bought it. When we got home, we put her in it and holy cow--she looked precious! Can I say that I absolutely love being a mommy? That little girl makes me melt.

Later on, we had a "Girls Night In" at my place. My sisters-in-law, my sister in laws roommate, and my best friend Gloria came over and we loaded up on chick food (chips & dip, cookes, ice-cream, pizza, etc) and watched movies (Made of Honor & Bed of Roses). Let me tell you--I seriously under estimated how important girls nights are! It was a blast and I had so much fun hanging out with the girls. Maddie joined us for the first little bit, but when it was time for bed Daddy took her upstairs and put her to bed. Spencer was super sweet to give us girl time--he's really understanding about those things. He helped me put together all of the treats, etc. I'm super glad I married such a thoughtful guy! :) And even though Spencer referred to Gardner's Village as an "estrogen fest" (there were only a HANDFUL of guys, Spencer being one of them), he still came grinning and bearing it. What wife could ask for more?

It's super late now, and we're heading off to bed. We'll definitely be tired for church tomorrow!! Because I'm primary secretary, i'll probably be running around the building doing stuff tomorrow, so that'll keep me up. haha. Wishing all a restful night....

And thanks to all the girls that participated in this weeks Girls Night In. Maybe i'll make that a tradition and add more girls to the roster! :) Goodnight!

2 comments:

Gloria said...

Ok so this is like the 20th time I said this, but LETS GET TOGETHER again :) We should make a movie list for Girls nights, I'm sure there are lots that Spencer would rather you watch without him, I know Kyle loves that I can get my chick flick fix else where ;) How do you feel about Grease? Dirty Dancing? Top Gun? This is just the beginning... <3 ya

MegEveryday said...

PLEASE add me to this list next time! =)