Wednesday, October 15, 2008

So today started off with a bang--well, actually screaming from Madisen. Maddie woke up at 3 a.m. for some unknown reason and cried for 45 minutes straight which NEVER happens. So, after she cried, I went in to rock her and console her. She fell asleep in my arms, so i tried to gently put her back into her crib--of course she woke up so I had to start the whole rocking/calming process over again. About 2 hours after she woke up, she was finally back to sleeping soundly. I am STUMPED--we thought maybe she's starting to teethe (she's been fussy about eating and sleeping a bit lately), so we bought her some baby orajel. If she wakes up again, we'll see if that helps. Needless to say, both Spencer and I were exhausted today. He had school and studying, and I had work--a BYU Landlord Conference, to be exact. Other than the confusing night, it's been a good day--once it was morning, I found Maddie cooing and smiling in bed when i went to get her up for the day. It's like nothing ever happened! lol. She was very good natured and well behaved all day and EVEN took good naps (which isn't surprising since she didn't sleep as much as she normally does).

My grandpa is back in town which is a a relief. He watches Maddie on Mondays and Wednesdays from 12-2p.m. because Spencer has a 3 hour lab, and I can't take my break until 2, so there's a gap there where we need someone. He's been up in Michigan and Ohio visiting my two sisters, so we're glad to have him back--it's stressful to have to figure out who'll be watching her from week to week, ya know? Anyhow, my mom will be coming into town in two weeks!!! :) We're super excited to have her and Maddie can't WAIT! My mom is already asking if she can be Maddie's pseudo mother for two weeks. :) It's nice to know that Mom loves her so much!

Tomorrow my boss is coming into town for his monthly visit. I'm prepared and ready for him to be here, but I always get a little nervous when he comes--he can be a little intimidating sometimes, so i'm always a little nervous. But since it's "National Boss Day" tomorrow, I bought him a small gift (a coffee mug filled with candy and a box of assorted chocolates wrapped in celophane and tied with a bow--and of course a card). Hopefully he appreciates the gesture. Afterall, he has been VERY good to me and my family. Anyhow, the weeks almost over, and i'm super excited about both the BYU game (BYU vs. TCU at 6p.m. on Versus!!) AND the Office that will be televised tomorrow!! :) Oh the simple joys of life... Hope to have a good night tonight...i'm crossing my fingers and praying for Maddie to have a calm night. Ciao

No comments: