Monday, October 20, 2008

Hoping this doesn't backfire...

So, we're trying something new tonight with Maddie's routine. Because I want to spend as much time with Maddie as possible, she has had a later schedule than most 4 month olds. We put her to bed around 10 normally--she'll sleep until 6a.m., we'll feed her, and then she'll go back down until around 8:30-9a.m. This has seemed to work out pretty well for us, but around 10p.m., I am SOOO tired that Spencer and I don't really get any quality time together or for ourselves. So tonight we're doing a trial schedule change. Instead of waiting until 10, we started the "going to bed" process at 9p.m. and she was in bed by 9:30p.m. This way, Spencer and I have a WHOLE hour before we hit the hay. haha. I'm just hoping our plan doesn't backfire by Maddie waking up at like 5a.m. since she's used to a 10-6 rather than a 9-6. We'll see i guess. I'll definitely be praying extra hard tonight. :)

And another week begins--Mondays are always a little slow for me at work. It just seems like the day creeps by so slowly. Things in the apartment business are starting to slow down (October and November are the slowest months of the year) which doesn't help either--when there's not much to do, the days seem longer. When I got home, Spencer and I made BBQ chicken "pita pizzas." We made real BBQ chicken pizza last night for our family dinner (everyone seemed to like it, even C.J. who is about as picky as I am), but we had so much shredded chicken and cheese left that we're trying to use it up. And Spencer's really into the series, "Heroes", so we watched that tonight too. I must say, it's really easy to get hooked to any show. I'm not the super hero type, but if I watch it, I wanna know what happens next.

My mom is coming to Provo in 10 days!!! :) We're super excited about her coming, and Maddie has mentioned to me on SEVERAL occassions (a little bit of an exaggeration) that we should do something special for her--so we're trying to come up with a cute gift that Maddie can give my mom--if you have any ideas, let me know! I'm definitely open to suggestions.

Anyhow, i'm definitely hoping for a good night--now it's time for a little cuddle time with Spencer. Ah, the sweet things in life! Goodnight to all!

2 comments:

Stephen said...

I wish you luck! Ben had the same schedule for a long time (we had to do the whole move-from-ten-to-nine thing too), but lately we haven't been very strict about bedtime, and it's starting to get a little taxing. Case in point- Ben is sitting in my lap right now. He's too wound up! Oh well. :) I'm sure Maddie will cope with it fantastically.

Now, what to get for your mom... well, for my mom (and Stephen's mom) we took pictures of Ben, got some frames from the dollar store, and gave it to them. It wasn't very expensive, and Grandmas love pictures!

Janine said...

I think that is a good plan. Did it work? I am still trying to get Mya to sleep more than three hours a night. I have never been so exhausted in my whole life. But she is entirely worth it. Did I miss you at church on Sunday?