Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Festivities

Happy Halloween to all--a day late, I know, but we were so involved with festivities that I didn't get a chance to write! This year was the first year that Spencer and I had a child to go "trick or treating" with! :) Although we didn't gather much candy, we did go to some of our friends' houses to show off little Maddie's costume. It was really fun to dress Maddie up in her frills, etc. And although she won't remember this time, I will forever and always.

We didn't have very many trick or treaters, so after we took Maddie to a few places, we went over to Grandpa Millett's home--Grandma Williams is in town now, and Maddie is definitely loving the attention she's giving her! So we ate dinner and then stayed up to play "Mexican Train". It's actually a pretty fun game. Because my mom didn't want us to go at Maddie's bedtime, she offered to have Maddie stay the night in a pack-and-play over there. Although it was hard for me to leave her, I did it!!! This is the first time she's been so far away from me!! We left around 11:30p.m., and I was back over to Grandpa's house by 8a.m. I just missed her too much! It was nice, though, to have a relaxing night with Spencer, I must admit.

Today we went to Gardner's Village. Spencer and I had gone about two weeks ago, but it was sooo cute that I just had to show my mother. To recap from a previous post, Gardner's Village is basically the same concept as "Downtown Disney". It's a bunch of shops put together in a village type of setting. My mom really loved it! Because it's the day after Halloween, they still had all the Halloween decorations up which was fun for my mom to see. I just can't wait to see their decorations for Christmas!! Needless to say....i'll love the decorations because i'm obsessed with Christmas decorations & Christmas in general. It's SUCH a fun time of the year...but i'm getting ahead of myself--

Here are a couple of pictures of Maddie as a "Fairy Princess" for Halloween. Could she BE any cuter?? She just lights up our lives SOO much!


Complete with crown & wand
And the wings are to DIE for!
We still have glitter everywhere from her costume!


Hope everyone had a great Halloween and a great beginning to November...

1 comment:

Julie Dyal said...

Oh my goodness... Isn't she the cutest little fairy princess? Adorable! She is getting so big, I can't believe it!! Sounds like you had a great Halloween! Miss you guys.