Saturday, August 30, 2008

Family Togetherness

The Cougars won their first football game of the season!! :) It was an exciting day. Spencer, Maddie, and I all dressed up in our BYU garb to cheer on the cougars, and apparently it worked. They won their game 41-17. GO COUGARS!!!!

Spencer's family has also been in town this weekend which has been really nice. I always love having family close, and since both his sisters and brother will be moving up, we'll get to see them a lot. While we taped the game, the whole family went out to Kiwanas park for a picnic and had a blast. Spencer's aunt and uncle were down from Idaho with their three boys. They are such a hoot, especially the four year-old twins, Garrett and Kyle. We basically watched them run around and laughed at the cute things they did. It was pretty fun to spend time with the in-laws. Hopefully we'll get together often during this year. I think having them close will help me to feel a litle more at ease. And later on, Spencer's parents watched Maddie while Spencer and I went swimming at the downtown marriott. It was nice to have one on one time with Spencer. Don't get me wrong--I love spending time with both Spencer and Maddie an doing things together as a family, but I feel it is still very important to spend quality time with your spouse to strengthen the marriage relationship. Anyhow, tomorrow we have church at 9 in the morning, so i should probably start heading to bed. And now that Maddie's down and asleep, maybe i'll be able to sleep as well. A good night's rest would be the best thing for me right now...

No comments: