Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Working Blues

This week is going by so quickly, and before I know it i'll be back at work again. Since Spencer has at least a year and a half more of his undergraduate to do, I will be the temporary provider for the family while he finishes up. I am the office manager of one of the biggest complexes in the area, and they provide very good benefits. We live on site for free, they provide health insurance, AND I get a salary paid position. I would love more than anything to be able to stay home with my baby girl, and I'm having a very hard time leaving her to go back. However, Spencer and I have worked our schedules around so that Maddie is with at least one of us all the time which will be a blessing. She'll always have someone who loves her close by. So, even though I feel very strongly that a woman should be at home with her children if she can, I must do this for my family. I tried going back last week for 2 days, but I was a complete wreck and couldn't make it through the day without having crying fits. So my owner told me I wasn't ready to come back and sent me home for two more weeks to be with my Maddie. The two weeks is almost up, and I go back on Tuesday, Sepember 2nd. I have a feeling I'll still have issues with being away from my baby, but I just have to remember this is temporary. Hopefully with that frame of mind, i'll make it through...one day at a time...

1 comment:

Gloria said...

You're my hero! :) I know you'll do great! Love ya! ...just one day at a time...