Thursday, August 28, 2008

Crazy Day...

Today was the first day of fall check-ins at the apartment complex I manage and WOW was it a busy one. I wasn't planning on going for very long since i'm still on maternity leave until Tuesday, but of course I had to go in for at least a little bit to see how things were going. That "little bit" turned into all day!! lol. Maddie and I went in around 9:45a.m. to see the LONG line of people that were waiting to be checked in. The line was at least two blocks long if not longer, and it took 5 of us about 3 hours or so to chop the line down. They just kept coming and coming. But, the dreaded day is now over, and we won't have to deal with another one of those until next year. :) I was a little worried about having Maddie in the office area (our owner was very concerned that she'd be a distraction), but it turned out okay. She was VERY good most of the day which is no real surprise because she's been good-natured since she was born. Later today, my in-laws came. My sister-in-law, Kelly, is moving to my complex for the fall/winter, so they were helping her move in. It's fun to have so much family around now, especially since Maddie's here now. ***FREE BABYSITTING*** Anyhow, we're planning on pulling at least another half day at the office tomorrow (Maddie was invited back since she was soooooo good). Hopefully these two days will help me transition back into the groove of things. Only time will tell

No comments: