Thursday, September 23, 2010

Where to begin...

I know this will probably not suffice, but since it HAS been such a LONG time since I have written, i'm gonna have to do most of my updating with bullet points. And if you want to know more on a specific bullet, feel free to text, write, call, or facebook and i'll give you all the info you want to know:

  • Went on a cruise to the Caribbean with my siblings and parents--we visited Haiti, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, and had a BLAST! Thanks to Mom and Dad Williams for covering all expenses and allowing us to have such a fun reunion. It's always fun getting together with siblings and parents as we all live so far apart!

  • While I was gone, Spencer moved us (with help from a WONDERFUL Mother-in-law and sister-in-laws) into our new home! We're so excited to be here even though it's temporary. We love having the space that a little apartment doesn't allow. Along with a new house came a new, more flexible job for me. I'm still in the real estate business, now working for Legend Real Estate as one of their managers. I only work 13 hour weeks from my home and they pay our rent too! Spencer is finishing up all applications for dental and graduate schools (we're covering all our bases this year) as well as working for Marriott and Legend Real Estate. Things are busy, but we are loving every minute, me especially. Since Maddie was born, I worked 40 hours a week at Liberty Square Apartments and never got to be a stay at home Mommy! But now since I can work from home (and only 13 hours!), I'm enjoying life immensely. Not only can I be a mommy, but I have time for a social life and callings which was near impossible before.
  • We have enjoyed a summer full of fun events with both sets of Grandparents and aunts/uncles. Both the Empeys and the Williams have been able to come visit and spend time with us and it's been so fun! We love having family visit!
  • Potty training--I expected this to test my patience and leave me quite frustrated most days, but it ended up being quite painless. Maddie is still perfecting the art of pottying, but picked it up quickly. We cleared our schedules for a whole week (no girl time or play dates almost killed me!) and dedicated ourselves to the cause. Within a couple of days of running around half naked, she understood the process and could go by herself. Once we introduced panties, the trick became trying to make her TELL me when she needed to go as she couldn't pull her panties down in time (lots AND lots of laundry). But we're in the clear on that one! She now tells me (sometimes at the last minute though) when she needs to go. With time and practice, she'll have no problems, i'm sure. And now we're not stuck at home all day!
  • I've become quite obsessed with canning. Spencer let me open my birthday presents early as it was all canning themed--and if I waited until mid-October to open them, i'd miss the opportunity to can peaches and apples, etc. So now that I have the proper equipment, i'm gonna jump right in! We went and bought a 1/2 bushel of peaches from a local provider and will start this weekend! If anyone would like to join me, i'd be happy to have you here to help! I'm planning on doing peaches, apples, strawberry jam, and homemade salsa if any of those tempt you! :)
So far these are the things that I can remember about our summer. I know this is just a quick recap, but I have made it a goal to be better and post at least once a week for friends/family. Unfortunately, writing on my blog is the first thing I start to neglect when there's a lot going on, but NO MORE! Or at least that's my goal. But if it's anything like my goal (or dream, rather) to fit into a size 2, then it might never happen!! :)

Love to all!

No comments: