Saturday, March 7, 2009

The good, the bad, and the cuteness...

There's ALWAYS something happening with the Empeys, that's for sure. This weekend, however, the happenings were sickening, literally. A flu "bug" has been traveling around at work, and unfortunately I caught it. Needless to say, on Friday I spent the night with a bucket next to my bed. Hopefully I will get to feeling better, but for now i'm trying really hard not to get my little family sick.

My family will be here on Thursday! Very exciting to have them spending time with us on their spring break!! :)

And, as promised, here is a picture of the b-day present we made for my mom. As you can probably tell, the butterfly wings are maddie's precious little handprints. Her footprints are on the back, along with a copyright title for "Madisen's Creations." We had a lot of fun making it and are planning to go back and make more for other family members and for ourselves too! Spencer was the creative master for the border and I did the detail work for all the bugs, etc. GREAT teamwork! What do ya think?!?

And here's an updated picture of Miss Madisen. She is getting cuter and cuter and her little personality continues to shine brighter. Her favorite activities now are "peekaboo" and "pat-a-cake". And she absoultely LOVES talking with Grandma and Grandpa on our new webcam! :) (Thanks again for that great gift!)



Since it's daylight savings time already, I better get ready for bed--hopefully i'll be able to make it to church tomorrow. Fingers crossed!!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

What a great gift idea! That plate is adorable. I hope you're feeling better! Maddie is getting so adorable. You're such a great mom!

Holly said...

I need to get a web cam, so that I can see and talk to my family! Maddie is so cute.