Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Let me just preface this blog post by saying that holidays are much more fun when you're a parent! And what a fun Easter weekend it's been! On Saturday, we went to an Easter Egg Hunt in the morning with some friends. Unfortunately there are no pictures of that since Spencer and I spent the time helping Maddie hunt things down since she's only a crawler and all the other kids were RUNNING to find prizes. However, Maddie seemed to have fun!

This morning we had a Easter basket ready and waiting on the floor so that when Maddie came down she'd find it right away. And she did!! Here's her approach--

Before the Easter basket was attacked....

She spotted it...

...And LOVED it!!


YAY!!

She's so precious and fun! It was fun to see her enjoy her Easter so much (even if she doesn't quite understand it yet! We finished off the night by spending Easter dinner with friends and family! We had a fun time catching up and chatting. It's sad that the weekend had to go so fast, but it was super fun nonetheless. Thanks to all who made this such a special weekend!

5 comments:

megan b. said...

Hey I didn't know you had a blog! Disney World with the baby was the best ever. My advice would be to have a stroller they can sleep in or have someone that can take them to a hotel or something because whoa they need their naps. We had a five hour flight as well and it was not bad at all. Halle is just a really easy going baby and we just made sure we had a plan like not bringing out certain toys until she started to get fussy and she really likes mickey mouse clubhouse so we had a dvd fpr her to watch in case she started getting crazy. But we all took turns and the flight turned out just fine. You guys will have so much fun!

Julie Dyal said...

Looks like you had a fun Easter! Maddie is getting so big. I love her big blue eyes! She really looks like a mix between you and Spencer. We are so excited that you are coming to visit us at Christmas!!! It will be a blast, and we can finally meet that cute sweet baby of yours. BTW, I've finally updated my blog. Check it out! It's our spring break this week so I'm finally able to catch up on a lot of stuff. Love ya!

Emily said...

I DO remember you, people moved in and out of that ward like crazy though, and then when you're stuck in Primary, as you guys were, it's even harder to know who people are, so I'm impressed you remember me!! Too funny that you're Cheri's cousin! and that we both happen to not only live in Alaska, but live in the same ward. She's so fun/funny! Your new daughter is adorable. How exciting that you're going to dental school-though I have to say I'm mighty glad we're done with Derek's schooling. And won't it be great to already know someone, Chris, who's done the dental school thing? Thanks for leaving a comment, you have a beautiful little family and enjoy Provo for us, we miss it.

Jewels said...

Your Easter pics are adorable! Maddie is seriously a cute baby, and I'm not just saying that. I'm sad I haven't been able to see her for real yet. I can't believe you are going to Disney World! I'm jealous and hope you have a blast! Remember that one time we talked about going together? That would have been way fun. Maybe some day...

Gloria said...

I looooooooooove these Easter pictures!! She is just TOO cute for words!! AND she looked like she loved what the Easter Bunny brought! :) And it was so cute watching her crawl all over the place, and look at herself in the dishwasher reflection!! So so so cute ;)