Thursday, April 2, 2009

General Conference

The weekend is getting closer, and I am so excited for General Conference. For those of you who are not members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (LDS), General Conference is a time when world-wide members (around 13 million) all tune in to listen to the Prophet of God and the Lord's apostles.
(For more information about our beliefs, I welcome you to visit our website to learn more at www.mormon.org)


I remember how excited my parents would get about conference when I was little but I didn't quite understand its significance and might have been too young to understand their messages. Now I understand why my parents were so excited. I can't wait to be spiritually enlightened by their messages of Jesus Christ and His gospel. This week, we have been preparing for conference by reading conference talks from October 2008 and also by praying for the Spirit to be with us as we listen.

In my preparation this week, I felt prompted to not only pray for the spirit but also to write down specific questions and concerns I have. Lately I have been really worried about our upcoming year. Spencer will shortly be taking the DAT and applying to dental schools so that we can hopefully be starting into dental school a year from August. I have full faith in Spencer's abilities and I am sure that we will be fine, but I have been seeking comfort from the Lord to reassure me as well as give me the strength to stop stressing so much about our future. I strongly feel that by preparing myself for Conference I will receive the comfort that I am searching for.

I have a strong testimony in my Savior, Jesus Christ, and I am thankful for His selfless sacrifice for us. The gospel of Jesus Christ has been such a blessing in my life, and I hope to instill a love for it in Madisen's life too. I am so grateful to know that families can be together forever because I have the world's most wonderful husband and daughter and I would be lost without them. :)

I hope that all who watch Conference will be spiritually edified as I will be!

2 comments:

electric bicycle said...

Cool!!!

Cheri said...

Hey cousin, that forever family means you and me too!! Love you!