Monday, January 19, 2009

Family Night

Happy Martin Luther King day! :) Spencer enjoyed the day off of school today, but I unfortunately had to work--not a paid holiday for the apartment business. Our small little family was sick over the weekend, and I had two days of sick leave on Thursday and Friday. Although it wasn't optimal to be at home sick, I secretly enjoyed it because I got to spend time with my baby girl. Needless to say, it was sad going back today. But I got through the work day with a few coughs and a runny nose, and was super glad to be home.

Tonight we had our family night as we do every Monday. I put together a scripture treasure hunt & picked out scriptures which mentioned "household items." For example, Mark 4:38 talks about Christ being on a ship resting his head on a "pillow"--which is where the next clue was hidden and so on. It was really fun--obviously I was the one who hid the clues, so I wasn't allowed to participate which left Spencer to be the treasure hunter. Once we have more kids, I think it'd be fun to watch our little ones racing around the house to try and find the clues--so i'm saving all of our family night ideas and compiling a "family binder". Afterwards, we had homemade ice cream sandwiches and played Rock Band! :) It's been a fun night--the funnest way to spend the day, that's for sure!

And Maddie is FINALLY getting over her little cold, thank heavens. She has starting rolling consistently now. Before it was hit and miss, but now she seems to understand the mechanics of the rolling process--we're trying to encourage her movement even though i'm sure once she's crawling we'll wish for her to be stationary again. :)

Well, off to bed so we can be ready for another day! Luvs!

2 comments:

amanda said...

What a beautiful family you have! I saw pictures from Catherine's wedding and wondered how you were doing-thanks for finding me! You made my day!
Amanda

Holly said...

Erin,

I am so glad you found my blog. Your little girl is so beautiful. I am so glad to hear you are doing well.